Obtaining a real estate license in your state, or other states in which you may have interest in doing business is not difficult, if you know what to expect, and can fulfill the requirements. How you get a real estate license will vary from state to state, but will usually involve minimum age requirements, certain education and/or experience requirements, applications and fees, and other state-specific details.

So you must be sure that you know the relevant information from your state before you get too deep in preparing for your real estate exam. In most states and provinces, a minimum requirement to join a real estate brokerage as a sales agent is to have already earned a real estate license. In some states, however, a new agent needs to obtain a sponsoring brokerage prior to pursuing a license. Licensing requirements typically involve coursework and passing a state test (Most states also require that you be a high-school graduate or hold an equivalency diploma).

You can check with your state or province to find the names of licensing schools near you. Some states also require post-licensing coursework immediately after you earn your license; and most states require continuing education throughout your career to keep your license active. Mark Z Team agents are required to be members of the local real estate board and complete certification training and contract-completion training.

Please message us for additional questions about getting licensed locally. If you are an eXp agent and are not local to Michigan, please note this so we can be sure to address your questions appropriately.

Here are the links to our Michigan licensing courses: